Each year Western Edge works with more than two thousand culturally diverse, disadvantaged and ‘at risk’ young people across the western suburbs of Melbourne and the western region of Victoria.
Our work fosters a strong local artistic and educational culture, while improving social inclusion, intercultural understanding and agency among the young people and communities with which we work.
Western Edge projects provide positive, long term recreational options and experiences otherwise inaccessible to our participants, and offer genuine career pathways and engagement with education.
Your donation will help to make an impact by:
- Helping to bring high quality innovative contemporary theatre practice by young people for young people to the stage
- Supporting our community cultural development work with marginalised and culturally diverse communities
- Making a social investment in an arts company that values the empowerment of young people from diverse backgrounds.
Key areas of expenditure:
- Employment of qualified community theatre practitioners to work with and mentor young emerging artists
- Operation in low socio-economic areas in Melbourne’s west and regionally to improve access to the arts for young people
- Research and development of our practice to evaluate the impact on young people and communities.
How to donate:
- Donations can be made online via the Online Form
- By downloading our print donation form
- or for large gifts and bequests discuss your giving options, and how your donation can contribute to Western Edge Youth Arts’ specific programs, by contacting General Manager, Sally Farr on 03 9091 4725
Western Edge Youth Arts Inc. (ABN 72 251 184 593) is a Charitable Institution endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient and for Charity Tax Concessions. Any donation to Western Edge of more than $2 is tax deductible.